Professor, journalist and activist Michael Pollan has been writing books and articles for more than thirty years about the human engagement with the natural world, and how nature changes us and we change nature.
He is author of two of my favorite books: In Defense of Food and, most importantly his most recent book on psychedelics: How to Change Your Mind. As an experienced psychonaut myself, I was looking forward to being able to pick his brain about LSD, psilocybin, Ayahuasca, consciousness and ego, and off course, the controversy surrounding psychedelics and psychedelic research.
Michael Pollan Podcast
I met with Michael in Amsterdam during his book tour. What an amazing experience to get the chance to discuss my favorite topics, with the leading author in this field! hope this podcast will show you that it’s time to push psychedelics out of the taboo sphere and see their healing power and use.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why is the question if psychedelics are bad for you getting old?
- Are mystical or religious experiences (less) authentic when induced by a psychedelic?
- Is a trip something that happens inside our head, or is it ‘reality’?
- What is the relation between the default mode network and depression?
We also talk about mystical experiences induced by plants and fungi, research and therapeutic use of psychedelics, microdosing, meditation, plant consciousness and universal consciousness, ego dissolution, his biggest take-away from his trips, the default mode network and the relation to depression and set and setting,
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments, or show some love on social media or leave a rating/review for me!
About Michael Pollan
Books and links
- The Botany of Desire – Michael Pollan (book)
- In Defense of Food – Michael Pollan (book)
- How to Change Your Mind – The New Science of Psychedelics – Michael Pollan (book)
- The doors of perception– Aldous Huxley (book)
- The Overstory– Richard Powers (book)
- The intelligent plant– Michael Pollan (article)
- Monica Gagliano– Plant Intelligence and the Importance of Imagination In Science (YouTube)
- TP #51 Duncan Pow about Buddhism in daily life and ‘Nam myoho renge kyo’
- TP #36 Will Heutz: filosofie, psychotherapie en Ayahuasca (in Dutch)
- TP #19 Microdosing Expert Hein: Psychedelica, Biohacking en Microdoseren (in Dutch)
- TP #15 Gino Chaka Runa: shamanism, Ayahuasca and healing
- TP #13 Jan Geurtz: ego, ontwaken, gewaarzijn en het loslaten van oude patronen (in Dutch)
- TP #9 Exploring our inner minds with Cory Allen
Join the inner-circle!
Schrijf je in voor de nieuwsbrief:
Also published on Medium.